Home > Infonews > Understanding of palm oil

Understanding of palm oil

Understanding of palm oil

I will give you some figures about palm oil. By interpreting these figures, I believe that you will have a more intuitive understanding of palm oil:

5000: Palm oil has been used as a human food for more than 5,000 years. Its edible history is comparable to the 5,000-year Chinese civilization.

59 million: In 2014, the global production of palm oil was 59 million tons, and its main competitor was 45 million tons of soybean oil and 16 million tons of rapeseed oil. The status of palm oil as the world's first fat has been difficult to shake. Malaysia and Indonesia are major palm oil producers, accounting for 85% of global production.

6.1 million: In 2014, China consumed 6.1 million tons of palm oil. It accounts for about 10% of global palm oil production. But China is not the country that consumes the most palm oil. The number one is Indonesia, which is 8.7 million tons, the second is India, which is 7.8 million tons, and China ranks third. In 2014, China consumed a total of 36.2 million tons of cooking oil.

85%: Currently 85% of the world's palm oil is used in the food industry, and the remaining 15% of palm oil is used in non-food industries such as chemicals.

4.01: 4.01 tons of palm oil per hectare per year. Looking at this data alone is too abstract, let's compare it with the main competitors. Soybean oil was 0.40 tons, rapeseed oil was 0.73 tons, and sunflower oil was 0.57 tons. Yes, you are not mistaken. The yield per unit area of ​​palm oil is ten times that of soybean oil, which is the highest among all fats. The contradiction between the rapid growth of the global population and the decreasing area of ​​cultivated land will become more and more prominent. Palm oil will be a great weapon to ease the world oil crisis and even the food crisis in the future.

2: Palm trees are the only crops that can extract two oils from their fruit: the oil extracted from palm pulp is palm oil, and the oil extracted from palm kernel is palm kernel oil.

24, 33, 44: These figures refer to the melting point of palm oil. The palm oil has a melting point of 33 °C. Palm oils with different melting points can be obtained by the fractionation process to meet different applications. Palm oil below 24 ° C is palm oil or palm super liquid oil, and oil above 44 ° C is palm stearin. Now in the domestic market, a range of palm oil products are available from 5 ° C to 58 ° C.

0: Like other vegetable oils, palm oil contains no cholesterol and is 0%. Palm oil does not contain trans fatty acids. Trans fatty acids increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. The World Health Organization and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization recommend that trans fatty acids should be less than one percent of total daily food intake. .

1100: Palm oil contains up to 1100 ppm of vitamin E, higher than all other fats. Vitamin E has anti-aging, reduces cell oxygen consumption, protects cells from free radicals, improves lipid metabolism, and prevents coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis. There are two types of vitamin E: tocopherol and tocotrienol. Most of the vitamin E contained in palm oil is tocotrienol. Studies have shown that tocotrienols have better physiological functions than tocopherols, such as antioxidant, anti-cancer and cholesterol-lowering properties.

600: Red palm oil contains about 600 ppm of carotenoids. Red palm oil is a product extracted from the palm oil by special methods. It removes impurities and retains the rich nutrients such as vitamin E and carotene. Carotenoids are potent and potent antioxidants that increase the body's resistance and reduce the risk of a combination of cancer, heart disease and cataracts. Carotene can be converted to vitamin A. Red palm oil is the only commercial vegetable oil containing high levels of carotenoids, which is 15 times more carotenoid than carrots and 30 times more than tomatoes. Red palm oil has been used by the Chinese Nutrition Society to improve vitamin A deficiency in children in western China. 
Henan Huatai supply palm oil machine, if you want to set up a palm oil mill,  palm kernel oil pressing, We Can Offer Palm Oil Turnkey Project Service, Provide Palm Oil Processing Mill, Palm Kernel Expeller And Edible Oil Pressing Extraction Refining Machinery, A Professional And Best Palm Oil Mill Plant, please email to info01@cnoilmachine.com

Note: If you're interested in the product, please submit your requirements and contacts and then we will contact you in two days. We promise that all your informations won't be leaked to anyone.
Name:
E-mail:
Country:
Tel:
Company:
Message:
 
| Contact Us
© 2014 HENAN HUATAI